Important: The Shadows Readytheme is now packaged and shipped with each release of Miva 10. You no longer need to download it from the app store. To get the latest version of Shadows, go to your Miva 10 store, click on User Interface then Frameworks which will have the most up to date framework. It's recommended you create a new template branch first, then apply the framework to that branch.
The new Shadows ReadyTheme for Miva is the most advanced ReadyTheme we’ve ever built!
What’s New in Shadows v2.0.0
We examined the way ReadyThemes worked with the core software and wanted a tighter integration. To that end, Shadows is now the default Framework installed in any
new Miva store. While working on this, we made some improvements to the original version of Shadows.
- Improved accessibility for better user inclusivity.
- Compliant with Googles latest Web Vitals metrics.
- Improved overall Page Speed Metrics.
Additionally, you now have the option to use a developer version of Shadows for your site builds.
- Native support of CSS custom properties (variables).
- Native support for SCSS.
- Gulp build process to output a single CSS file and a single JS file.
Includes the necessary building blocks to create many of the common UX design patterns. Unique components can easily be created by extending the framework.
Developed with the
BEMIT methodology in mind.
BEM promotes component modularity,
IT helps control the architecture, and
ECSS helps to make extending the framework more manageable.
Shadows is an evergreen-browser framework with a modern Flexbox layout system. No more having to remember to clear your floats or use conditional classes.
With the importance of inclusivity in website layout in mind, Shadows ships with passing grades, as of August 2020, for
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 Level A and Level AA as well as
Section 508 standards for accessibility as tested through
ARC by The Paciello Group,
Axe by Deque, and WAVE by WebAIM.
While every effort has been made to make sure Shadows performs across a variety of devices and browsers, there is only so much shimming that can be done without sacrificing performance. Shadows uses current coding structures and standards. This framework may not be best suited for you if you are looking to support legacy browsers.
- Chrome (latest 2)
- Firefox (latest 2)
- Safari iOS/MacOS (latest 2)
- Versions of Safari lower than 11 have minimal support, this theme may not work in versions lower than 10. Generally, the site will operate, however there are layout inconsistencies due to the way the browsers supports flex-box and sizing calculations.
- Opera (latest 2)
- Edge (latest 2)
- Internet Explorer 11 has minimal support. It will operate, however there are layout inconsistencies due to the way the browser supports flex-box and sizing calculations.
Version: 1.0.0 - Released on 3/7/2018
Support Forum: Shadows Support Forum
Submit a Bug: Shadows GitHub